Safe Routes to School Intern Support
Posted September 7, 2017
Expires October 22, 2017
· Community Now is looking for fun and energetic people to support our programs' Safe Routes to School Programs at local schools in our community.
· SRTS Support team will guide students through safety activities, coordinate different mentoring opportunities, promote and teach bicycle and walking skills and encourage participation in Bike rodeo’s
· Support will also help show students how to wear a helmet, organize bike campaigns and help promote personal safety teams
· Support teams will aid team leaders in setting up bike skills activities, personal safety assemblies and more.
· Sophomore, Junior or Senior in education, social sciences, psychology, and liberal arts, field of education
· Reliable transportation to various schools in Riverside/ Moreno Valley/ San Jacinto area (Approximately 25 miles from UCR)
· Transportation is available from office to school sites
· Must enjoy working with youth ages 8-18, like working outdoors
· Candidates interested in biking, running or other physical activity welcome
· Flexible availability, most days start at 10am